Officially supported configurations
V8 supports a multitude of different build configurations across operating systems, their versions, architecture ports, build flags and so on.
The rule of thumb: If we support it, we have a bot running on one of our continuous integration consoles.
- Breakages on the most important builders will block code submission. A tree sheriff will usually revert the culprit.
- Breakages on roughly the same set of builders block our continuous roll into Chromium.
- Some architecture ports are handled externally.
- Some configurations are experimental. Breakages are permitted and will be handled by the owners of the configuration.
If you have a configuration that exhibits a problem, but is not covered by one of the bots above:
- Feel free to submit a CL that fixes your problem. The team will support you with a code review.
- You can use firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the problem.
- If you think we should support this configuration (maybe a hole in our test matrix?), please file a bug on the V8 issue tracker and ask.
However, we don’t have the bandwidth to support every possible configuration.